A Friend once told mi that shooting stars are formed when someone close to you has passed away.. It happened for her when her grandma passed away in Australia , She was walking home one day at night when she received a call from her dad telling her about her grandma when she saw the shooting star.. Too much of a coincidence? Well , it happened.. She flew to Australia as soon as she could to attend to her grandma's wake.. I heard from her parents that she didn't even shed a single tear , she was trying to be strong in front of her beloved grandma.. I went to the Airport to fetch her when she was back from Australia.. She looked like a mess , Like a zombie without soul.. I guess everything was just too hard for her , especially when she was going to celebrate her birthday at Australia with her grandma in one months time.. I took her home to get some rest and I waited at her living room in case she needs someone to talk to.. I couldn't help but think how fragile life could be.. How can someone appear strong and healthy an instance , be diagnosed with a incurable disease in the next instance.. A disease so deadly that it can push you closer to the edge more with every passing day.. I have never been good at consoling and I never will be , not that I wanted.. Beatrice came out of her room 30 mins later complaining that she couldn't sleep , She had too much things in her mind and she needed to let them out.. I told her that I could lend her one of my ears but provided that she promised to return.. That brought a smile to her face , the first ever since she came back.. I know she has got many things to say and I readied myself already , waiting for her to pour all her troubles and her feelings towards mi.. She told mi things that was deep in her heart , things she had never told anyone.. I found out that she wasn't really the kind of cheerful girl I imagined her to be.. I choked on emotions that filled my restless soul to the brim.. I couldn't find the words to reply.. Every single word knocks the wind out of mi , just like a typhoon that rips through a village , swishing with such majestic force and creating absolute mayhem and chaos everywhere.. Then finally the typhoon began creeping forward , reaching out with dead fingers towards this one bright spot in the midst of nothingness.. I'm left behind to pick up the little broken pieces of thoughts and words , trying to fix them together , trying to form a picture which I couldn't understand.. Sadly , I never understood her , even till now.. Maybe I never had the feeling of losing someone close to mi before , losing someone forever.. But I've always been there for her , since the day I saw her crying her hearts out when she related everything to mi.. It took some time for her to get back to her old self but it was worth it.. Seeing her smile again , her laughter.. Deep down inside mi , I admired my Friend for facing this ordeal like an adult , perhaps even an adult can't handle it the way she did.. But life is starting to get better for her , and it will be better..
Signing off here...

No comments:
Post a Comment